Skip to main content

A Few Things to do in NC this Weekend June 22-25, 2017







With Tropical Storm Cindy hitting the golf coast I am wondering if we will get some of the rain bands here on the east coast.  Lets check the local forecast for the RTP area.  Does not look as bad as I expected. 









Lets take a look at a few things to do in NC this weekend...      

*Looks like a lot of great bands at Rock the Cape on Hatteras Island.  This is a week long event starting June 17-June 24.

*Friday June 23 attend Mountain Street Dances in Waynesville NC.  Sounds like fun to me.

*Friday June 23 in Blowing Rock NC is the Blowing Rock Mile of Flowers.  There will be tours of the gardens found at some of the  churches and homes in the beautiful town of Blowing Rock.
*June 24 you can attend Birds and Brews at SylvanHeights Bird Park in Scotland Neck NC.  I have been to Sylvan Heights Bird Park it is a fun experience, see the photos on my blog.

*June 24 is the NC Sunflower Festival in Chocowinity NC.  I love sunflowers and would love to go.


*June 24 you can join the fun at Y'all at Dix Park in Raleigh NC.  Games, food, music, and more.
*June 25 is Sunday at Dix Park Concert Series.   I would love to go listen to music in the park.
*June 24 is "One Day Sport Horse and Dressage Show in Raleigh NC.  I would love to go see the beautiful horses and take some photos with my new camera....what fun:-)
*June 24 Celebrate Downtown Park in Cary NC.  This looks like fun.  Check out the website for the list of activities for the day.

Mark you calendar for these special holidays...
June 22 -National Chocolate Eclair Day.  I don't remember the last time I had an eclair. 
June 23 -National Pink Day.  Maybe I will wear pink.
June 24 -Swim a Lap Day.
June 25- National Catfish Day
June 26- Forgiveness Day
June 27- Sunglasses Day...I need a new pair.

Hope you are able to attend on of these events.  
Get out and enjoy the weekend.
KathieyV
(Please check out the provided links for times and pricing of events.  All photos were taken from the event websites.  I do not own the photos.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Visti to Rye Bar and Southern Kitchen in Raleigh NC

It has been a while since I have visited a new restaurant.  I did a google search and came up with Rye Bar and Southern Kitchen in Raleigh NC.  Sounded wonderful so I called Cindy and off we went on a restaurant adventure.  Here is a quote from their website.... "A refined take on traditional Southern cuisine. That's the essence of Rye Bar & Southern Kitchen, our onsite restaurant in the heart of Raleigh's vibrant downtown. Executive Chef Michael Rigot's seasonal menus feature the freshest, healthiest produce and meats, all from local North Carolina farms. A main dining room, private dining room, and outdoor patio provide an abundance of seating options. Craft beers, uncommon cocktails, and premium wines head the liquid refreshment line-up."
The restaurant itself is located in downtown Raleigh in Raleigh Marriott City Center. The Bar was lovely.  The night we were there it was packed.  Lively place to be. They brought this lovely platter to our table, they call i…

Winkler Bakery in Old Salem NC

WINKLER BAKERY521 SOUTH MAIN STREETConstructed 1800, restored 1968
One place Gale and I knew we had to visit was the bakery in Old Salem.  I have enjoyed the Moravian cookies over the years but everyone has told me I had to try the sugar cake.
Look at all the temptations....Yummy:-)


A bit of history....






The sugar cake was amazing.  We took it back to our room and enjoyed the yummy sweetness in front of the beautiful fireplace in our room.  We also shared a bottle of local wine.  What a lovely day:-)
Happy Travels Everyone! KathieyV:-)

Childress Vineyards in Lexington NC

There are a ton of wineries in NC.  Childress is one that Cindy and I had the opportunity to visit last Nov.  It is beautiful.

We signed up for the winery tour.  One of the first things they asked was "is there anyone here who has not heard the Childress name?"  I think Cindy and I were the only ones to raised a reluctant hand.  The inaudible gasps were deafening.  We soon learned he is a NASCAR guy and NASCAR is huge in NC.  Here is a quote from their site....

"By opening the doors to Childress Vineyards in 2004, NASCAR team owner Richard Childress fulfilled a longtime dream that grew from the days when he first began racing in California and visited wineries with friends. What began as camaraderie and good times soon became an engaging passion for world-class wines and then the vision to build a world-class winery."

We visited right before Christmas.  I loved the entry door.
Let the tour begin....

(The photo below is me after several drinks:-) Now for the outdoor…