"Fun & Fabulous Murals"...The Monsters Wall in Raleigh NC



I am finding on my travels that there are amazing murals to be found in nearly every town and city.  I am going to start a new series called "Fun and Fabulous Murals."

The first mural I am going to highlight is the "Monsters" wall in downtown Raleigh NC.  I had zero knowledge of this design until my daughter hired a photographer to take photos of her and the kiddos.  It was suggested we go to the monster wall for some great shots.  So off we went. The mural covers the entire side wall of a building.  The contrast of the black and white made it a stunning work of art. 



























Here is what the news and observer had to say about the mural...

"Graphic artist Kevin Lyons, in partnership with the Truth campaign and Vans shoes, put the finishing touches on a mural on the side of the Morgan West building, home to Trophy Brewing, on Thursday, December 3, 2015. Tobacco-free messages are worked into the painting. With about 100 of his signature monster faces, the 15’x40’ mural on brick took 2.5 days to complete. Inspired by his 2 daughters, Lyons used to leave his now signature faces as fun surprises in their school lunches." Corey Lowenstein clowenst@newsobserver.com

The Monster's Wall is painted by Kevin Lyons and is located around the corner from Trophy Brewing and Pizza in Raleigh.  This was the best address I could find for it.  

Of course I went to the photo shoot and took a few photos of my own....
























If you get a chance to visit the Monster's Wall in Raleigh I think you will like it.  It is a great place for family photos.
If you know of any "Fun and Fabulous Murals" let me know and send me a photo, I would love to post it on my blog.
Happy Travels and Adventures.
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting NC Tidbits...The Town of Buffalo NC is at the Bottom of Lake Lure.

Restaurant Review...Eddie's on Lake Norman, Mooresville NC

The Hickory Nut Gift and Antique Shop in Chimney Rock NC