A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC



It was my final day of my mini-vacation.  I had climbed the stairs to the top of Chimney Rock, I had pontooned beautiful Lake Lure, and I had stayed at the lovely Esmeralda Inn.  Anytime I take a trip I do my best to visit a local winery, and I had been remiss in my tradition on this trip.   I could just go home, but that would be crazy if there were a local winery to explore. Well as luck would have it not far off my journey there was a winery. I consulted Google and plotted my course to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC. 
First I wanted to know where the name came from.  Here is a quote from their website...
"Mountain lore has it that back in the day farmers would burn their fields to clear the land on Burntshirt Mountain for planting. They tossed their shirts in the fire for good luck and the fields yielded a bountiful crop!"
I did not have a lot of time to tour or visit due to my pending long drive back home, but I did manage the wine tasting and also enjoyed a glass of wine outside on their lovely patio.  I took a few photos, but please visit their site to get a real sense of the beauty of their vineyard.

A very nice touch is the Vintner's Table food truck.  According to the website, they are there on Saturdays and Sundays.  I enjoyed the special of the day, a turkey cheese sandwich and of course a glass of wine from the vineyard.  Yummy.  I need to mention the ladies from the food truck they were terrific.  So friendly and they went out of their way to make me feel welcomed.  Thanks, ladies!
You get to choose five wines for your wine tasting.  I selected five white wines.  The one I enjoyed with my meal was Sunset Sippin; they describe it as a sweet white wine.  It was perfect for the hot fall day, and in my opinion, it was just the right amount of sweetness. 

"Burntshirt Vineyards currently sells 17 wines with 
new varieties introduced throughout the year." 
Burntshirt Vineyards


I love the wine tree:-)


I wish I would have had more time to enjoy and explore Burntshirt Vineyards.  I loved the wine and the people I encountered there.
If you are in the Hendersonville NC area, I suggest you check out Burntshirt Vineyards.  I think you will love it!
Happy Adventures!
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting NC Tidbits...The Town of Buffalo NC is at the Bottom of Lake Lure.

Restaurant Review...Eddie's on Lake Norman, Mooresville NC

The Hickory Nut Gift and Antique Shop in Chimney Rock NC