Winkler Bakery in Old Salem NC

WINKLER BAKERY

521 SOUTH MAIN STREET

Constructed 1800, restored 1968

One place Gale and I knew we had to visit was the bakery in Old Salem.  I have enjoyed the Moravian cookies over the years but everyone has told me I had to try the sugar cake.
Look at all the temptations....Yummy:-)


A bit of history....






The sugar cake was amazing.  We took it back to our room and enjoyed the yummy sweetness in front of the beautiful fireplace in our room.  We also shared a bottle of local wine.  What a lovely day:-)
Happy Travels Everyone!
KathieyV:-)

Comments

  1. Wow, how interesting! That oven is amazing and the sugar cake! Looks kinda like monkey bread. Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sugar cake was great! I may drive back there just to have another bite:-)

      Delete
  2. Oh my geez - I must visit. Looks fun AND yummy. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes do check it out. Old Salem is full of history. I would like to go back. It is much smaller then Williamsburg but would be a nice 2 day trip. Let me know if you go:-)

      Delete
  3. That looks delicious! I love old buildings, so this place would be really cool to check out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a cool place. I would love to have a piece of sugar cake right now:-)

      Delete
  4. I love visiting bakeries when I travel. Baked goods are my love language! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love baked goods too. Have you ever had the Moravian cookies? They are really good too.

      Delete
  5. That sugar cake looks amazing! This looks like such an awesome place! Loved the pictures. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute place! I want to visit NC so badly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much to explore in NC. I have not scratched the surface. What state are you in?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting NC Tidbits...The Town of Buffalo NC is at the Bottom of Lake Lure.

Restaurant Review...Eddie's on Lake Norman, Mooresville NC

The Hickory Nut Gift and Antique Shop in Chimney Rock NC