Freedom Balloon Fest in Fuquay-Varina NC

They were hosting the Freedom Balloon Fest in Fuquay-Varina a couple of weeks ago so Cindy and I decided to check it out.  We set our GPS and began our journey.  We parked in downtown Fuquay-Varina and walked to the venue.  There were several places closer to the event to park with prices ranging from $10-$20.   We did not mind the walk, you have to burn calories where you can:-)
From their website...
Project Uplift USA, Inc. is a North Carolina 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation responsible for producing the Freedom Balloon Fest. We are led by an all volunteer board with no paid employees, which means we can direct all of our sponsor funding and contributions directly to our key program services. Project Uplift USA, Inc. has three primary service program focus areas:  outreach to military families and children with mobility challenges, educational programs, and remembering and honoring those who paid the ultimate sacrifice in service to their nation.
(Photo from their website)
There was a lot to do at the event prior to the balloon launch.  There was a fun zone for kids, frisbee dog events, the Field of Flags, a wine and beer garden, vendors and more.  We spent most of our time at the wine and beer garden:-)

I went on line to find some hot air balloon quotes....
"If you're embarking around the world in a hot-air balloon, don't forget the toilet paper." 
Richard Branson
I guess that would be a necessary travel item.  I never really thought about it.

Another Quote....
"My dream date is a tall, dark, handsome, blue eyed man with a bubble butt who will whisk me away to Paris in a hot air balloon to wine me, dine me and."
Karen McDougal
In thinking about this quote I wonder just what is a bubble butt and why she did not seem to complete her thought at the end of her sentence.
                                                                                                                                                                  

After reading the two posted poems I decided to write my own...

I have never been in a hot air balloon but when I close my eyes I can see it.
The trees below becoming smaller and 
the view of the world becoming much larger.

I have never been in a hot air balloon but I can feel it.
The butterflies in my stomach as I lift into the sky 
and the touch of the gentle breeze on my skin.

I have never been in a hot air balloon but I can sense it.  
The scent from the flame above my head 
and the perfume from the flowers below.

I have never been in a hot air balloon but I know where it would take me.
Into a sky so blue I can feel it, into a breeze so soft I can sense it, 
into a world so fragrant I can see it, into a place I have never been.
KathieyV:-)

Cindy and I had a great time at the Balloon Fest.  If you get the chance I suggest you attend one in your area.  It is beautiful
Get out, explore, and have fun!
KathieyV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting NC Tidbits...The Town of Buffalo NC is at the Bottom of Lake Lure.

Restaurant Review...Eddie's on Lake Norman, Mooresville NC

The Hickory Nut Gift and Antique Shop in Chimney Rock NC