North Carolina Reading...Fiction...A Killer Plot by Ellery Adams

I just finished a book called "A Killer Plot" by Ellery Adams.  Ellery is a native New Yorker that now lives in North Carolina.  Her book takes place in North Carolina, and that is why I decided to read it.
I love reading books that mention things related to North Carolina.  Although the town in the book is a fictional town, Krispy Kreme Donuts and Black Beard the pirate mentioned in her writings are not.
I liked the way she placed quotes from well-known authors at the beginning of each chapter.  I will share a few...

"Dying is a very dull, dreary affair.  And my advice to you is to have nothing whatever to do with it."
W. Somerset Maugham

"When one's character begins to fall under suspicion and disfavor, how swift, then, is the work of disintegration and destruction."
Mark Twain

I enjoyed the book.  It is an easy read and even with murder involved it is not too graphic.  I enjoyed the characters and of course the main characters dog and best buddy Havilland.
The link below is where you can buy the book if you are interested.  I am an Amazon Affiliate and will get a small percentage of any purchase you make on Amazon if you go through this link.  Don't worry it is of no cost to you:-)


Happy Reading everyone!
My next NC related book will be Deadly Encounter by Suzanne Adair.  Stay tuned.
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting NC Tidbits...The Town of Buffalo NC is at the Bottom of Lake Lure.

Restaurant Review...Eddie's on Lake Norman, Mooresville NC

The Hickory Nut Gift and Antique Shop in Chimney Rock NC