Shelton Vineyards in Dobson NC



It's fall, my favorite time of year.  Now is the perfect time to travel up to the Blue Ridge Mountains to experience the crisp mountain air and hopefully see the colorful fall leaves.  Erica and I decided to stop at a few of the many wineries in NC on our mini vacation.  On the way to Blowing Rock we took a slight diversion to Shelton Vineyards in Dobson NC.
Here is what they say on their website...

"Located in the Yadkin Valley American Viticultural Area, the vineyard shares a similar climate and growing season to that of some of the best wine growing regions in Europe. The vineyard is one of the largest on the East Coast."

One thing I like about Shelton Vineyards is the fact that they have a restaurant. We decided to eat lunch and enjoy some of their delicious wines.  First stop was the Harvest Grill. 
We decide to try their wine flight.  It came out in a tiered display.  You may choose five wines.  As they served our flights, there were many "Oohhs" and "Aahhs"  from our fellow diners.  It also sparked some lively conversation, and we made new friends:-)
 I know you are wondering if we finished our flights.  Let's just say Erica was flying a bit higher than me.  I had to drive after our adventure, so I took it easy.  (She had to drive for me the next night:-)

Erica and I split the Grilled Carolina Mountain Trout.  Delicious!

After our dinner we walked around a portion of the property...


We went to their wine store.  We did not have time for the tour, but I have been on this tour in the past and found it to be very informative.  I did buy a nice bottle of wine to take home. Harvest White was my favorite wine in my tasting, so that is the one that was going home with me.
Harvest White...Yummy
Happy Travels, Eats, and Wine Sipping...
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting NC Tidbits...The Town of Buffalo NC is at the Bottom of Lake Lure.

Restaurant Review...Eddie's on Lake Norman, Mooresville NC

The Hickory Nut Gift and Antique Shop in Chimney Rock NC