Restaurant Review The Pie Hole in Durham North Carolina

It was Pi (3.14) day March 14, 2018.  Erica called and said, "Mom it is Pi day," and of course I thought she meant pie day, "let's go get some pie."  I said, "sure let's go!"  Of course, she made fun of me when I told her I thought it was pie, not pi.  In my defense, there is a National Pie Day which was Jan. 23rd I just had the wrong date:-)
Where should we go to get a slice of pie?  We decided to check out The Pie Hole in Durham.  
The Pie Hole in Durham NC.
The Pie Hole was established in 2011 in California and came to Durham 2017.
Here is a quote from their website....
"We bake from scratch, by hand, using only the highest quality ingredients. Our pie is served by the slice, individual sized savory pies, whole pies to order, and a signature, specialty coffee program."
"Our menu changes seasonally and is subject to change daily."
The Pie Hole
We decided to go all out and try a savory and a sweet pie.
Mac and Cheese Pot Pie
Star point Steak and Ale Pot Pie
Both savory pies were yummy.  
They do serve wine and beer, and so I had 
a glass of Chardonnay with my pie.
You place your order at the counter, and your meal is brought to your table when it's ready. 
I found the staff to be friendly and helpful.

I loved the lighting...
Now it's time for the sweet pies.  The Apple Pie was delicious.  I had not experienced a Lonely Pie before.  It was a smooth chocolatey pie with potato chips on top.  The chips added just the right amount of salt to this lovely dessert.  I loved their coffee blend.
Mom's Apple Crumble with Vanilla Ice Cream
Lonely Pie Topped with Potato Chips
Pie Hole Blend Coffee
So if you want to try something yummy, I suggest you check out The Pie Hole in Durham NC.  They have it all, both savory and sweet.  If you go, let me know what you think.
Happy Travels and Eating Adventures!
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting NC Tidbits...The Town of Buffalo NC is at the Bottom of Lake Lure.

Restaurant Review...Eddie's on Lake Norman, Mooresville NC

The Hickory Nut Gift and Antique Shop in Chimney Rock NC