September is North Carolina Wine Month: Let's Visit Shelton Vineyards in Dobson NC

In North Carolina, September is Wine Month.  In honor of this celebration, I thought it would be fun to go back into my blog history and reshare some of my posts on NC vineyards and wineries.  
I will be sharing a post every week in September.   
Let's start with Shelton Vineyards in Dobson NC.
I have been to Shelton Vineyards twice.  The first time was in Oct 2012.
Check out my post, click the link below.
Here is a quote from their website,
"Located in the Yadkin Valley American Viticultural Area, the vineyard shares a similar climate and growing season to that of some of the best wine growing regions in Europe. 
The vineyard is one of the largest on the East Coast."

 "On the estate, several varieties of vitas vinifera grapes are grown: 
Cabernet Franc,Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Merlot, Malbec, Tannat, 
Petit Verdot, Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc, and Viognier."
Quote from Shelton Website
"Shelton Vineyards uses a combination of French, American and Hungarian oak barrels. Oak barrels give flavor and structure to the wine; that is, they enhance the wine as a spice enhances fine food."
Quote from Shelton's Website
I love that they have a full service restaurant on site.
My second visit to Shelton Vineyards was with my daughter Erica in Oct of 2016.
You can click on the link below for more details,




As I have stated in the past I am all about events.  
Let's see what Shelton has planned for September
*Music on the Terrace
*Merlot and VanGogh 
*Harvest Grill Farm to Fork Dinner
*Sunset Concert Series
*Sangria Saturday
*Meet the Winemaker
I would love to go to all of the events.

Happy NC Wine Month!
Enjoy Your Wine.


KathieyV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting NC Tidbits...The Town of Buffalo NC is at the Bottom of Lake Lure.

Restaurant Review...Eddie's on Lake Norman, Mooresville NC

The Hickory Nut Gift and Antique Shop in Chimney Rock NC