What is in Season in North Carolina? Seasonal Produce in Early September.

Seasonal Produce in North Carolina
I found a great site.  It is called Seasonal Food Guide.
You can go on this site plug in state you will find a list of 
fruits and veggies that are in season in you area. 
I have selected four of the many in season in NC that I would like to enjoy in early Sept.


Green Beans-I have plans to make the old fashioned green beans.  You know, the ones that are soft and cooked with bacon.  Yummy!
Zucchini-I am going to attempt to find a zucchini casserole.
Peaches-I may just snack on these.
Apples-I would love to visit an orchard.  In this area you have to head to the mountains where there are many orchards.
Enjoy some seasonal veggies and fruits.
Happy Eathing!
Kathiey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting NC Tidbits...The Town of Buffalo NC is at the Bottom of Lake Lure.

Restaurant Review...Eddie's on Lake Norman, Mooresville NC

The Hickory Nut Gift and Antique Shop in Chimney Rock NC