Travel-Millstone Creek Orchard in Ramseur NC.

Several years ago, before the Covid Pandemic, I had a strong desire to visit an apple orchard.  Living in the triangle area of NC, I had heard of wonderful orchards in the mountains of NC, but I was not aware of any orchards near me.  I did some research and found an orchard about an hour from me in Ramseur, NC.  I gathered up Caleb and Maggie, and we went on a field trip to Millstone Creek Orchard.

Our first visit in 2019  was just before Covid hit, and we had a blast.  There was a playground area for the kids, a shop with apple-related food and goodies, and a hayride that took us out to see the vineyards where we could pick our own apples.

I remember buying some apple cider and some apple cider donuts.  They were both delicious. Caleb was so excited about the donuts; they were fresh from the oven and seemed to melt in your mouth.  

Last week Maggie, Caleb, and I were off to visit the zoo.  I knew we would pass by Millstone Creek Orchards, so we decided to stop by on our way home.  We did not have much time, but we had enough time to play on the playground and enjoy some cider and apple cider donuts. 

I was worried they would be closed due to Covid, but happy day, they remained open.  The orchard continues to have many events and activities.  Check out this link to see what is happening at the orchard for some of the activities you need to sign up for in advance.

If you are in the mood to take a fall excursion to an Apple Orchard and live near the Piedmont area of NC, you should check out Millstone Creek Orchard.  It is worth the trip.

Happy Fall, Everyone!
KathieyV:-)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting NC Tidbits...The Town of Buffalo NC is at the Bottom of Lake Lure.

Restaurant Review...Eddie's on Lake Norman, Mooresville NC

The Hickory Nut Gift and Antique Shop in Chimney Rock NC